Monday, November 7, 2011

November 7, 2011

CERROS, DELITOS, Y BAUTISMOS

Dear everyone that I love,

To start off I want to let yall know that I GOT THE PACKAGE from all the Arlington moms the day after I sent my last email!  It was SO awesome, because I recieved that and two other letters from Arlington, and a Dr. Pepper that a missionary sent me from the office (at my special request).  So yeah, I pretty much felt like a rock star when all the other guys in the Metepec Zone saw that haha!  Thank you SO MUCH Arlington moms!  I don´t know how I could exist without you... STILL.  Because I STILL need you all, and I haven´t lived in Arlington for awhile now! haha!  And Mom, I FINALLY solved the mystery of my package that has never gotten to you.  I gave it to the Zone Leaders to send by pouch, but it turns out that they don´t even let me send packages by pouch.  I was actually handed that very same package today right before we played fútbol...  I just thought "oh!  that could be problematic"...  It really frustrated me, because it has a LOT of letters for familly members inside of it, and by now they´re all old.  Anyway, I´ll try to solve that problem next p-day.

ANYWAY, I just need to tell you that this has been a pretty crazy week too.  I told you about the Velasquez family, and how much we love them and just how great things were starting to look in Tenancingo.  Elder Monroe and I were SO excited, because it trully is a very hard area, but we had gathered up enough faith and will to overcome that barrier.  We were FINALLY gonna baptize this week!  And then guess what happened.  On tuesday right after the Zone and District meeting in Metepec, Elder Monroe and I got a call from the Assistants  to the Presidents.  "Hey, Elder Hutchinson.  The Pres just told us that he was praying and all the sudden had the feeling that you and Monroe needed to go work in CHAMAPA.  So, pack your things up, because you guys are coming RIGHT NOW."  HOLY COW!  So, we packed up all of are stuff at the house (including the wet laundry), gave the other two Tenancingo missionaries the dirrections to our investigators, and in a couple of hours bid farewell to Tenancingo without too many goodbyes.

SO, I´ve been in Chamapa since last tuesday night, just to let you know!  I´ll let you know that this very area that I walk in is very famous for 3 things among the missionaries.  Big hills.  Crime.  And Lots of baptisms!  Haha!  Hence, the title.

The hills are VERY VERY steep, and ridiculously abundant.  What usually happens is that Elder Monroe and I will go up a hill that is steeper than 45 degrees, and after getting to the top (which is about 30 or 40 feet up if not more), we REJOICE because it is SO TIRING... That is until we walk a few more feet and see right in front of us a valley and ANOTHER huge hill equal in size to the one that we just finished going up.  Yes, this is on almost EVERY street in this place.  And to express my emotions, I have many a time used the wise words of my older sister Kamille, when I say "IS THIS A SICK JOKE?"  haha!  Yeah... But it will help me work harder, AND not get fat.  That´s importent.  (No, I´m not fat right now, by the way).

Crime?  Well, we saw a bunch of police men come and bust a bunch of guys wearing black masks near their white van.  What happened?  You got me!  We got out of there as fast as we could.  I´ve also, just by seeing the joints in the road cracks, discovered how much more popular Marijuana is here than in Tenancingo.  Yay!

Baptisms?  Well, I´m very proud and pleased to say that the wonderful Valasquez family was baptized by the other missionaries last week!  I feel so happy for them, and I hope to give them a call soon to congradulate them, and get their email address to stay in touch after the mission.  Now, here in Chamapa, we found a miracle.  We found an inactive member the day after we arrived in the afternoon.  She welcomed us in, gave us a soda, told us how she knew she needed to come back to church, and told us that we needed to teach the rest of her family.  WOW!  Oh, gee, I guess we´ll do it... haha!  But, she has been a REAL help for us, calling the Bishop and Relief Society president (who didn´t have a clue that we arrived this week) to help us with our horrible house situation.

So yeah!  I´m here in Chamapa, and I´m just ready to meet a TON of new people, because we´re basically opening it from scratch.

Ok, I´m running out of time, but one last thing before I go.  Today for shopping, we went to a place where you find a lot of RICH Mexican people.  What was that place you ask?  Walmart.  No, that is not a joke.  Walmart is one of the nicest places you will find as far as stores go around here.  Thought that was pretty funny.

ANYWAY, Dad, it sounds like your an AWESOME teacher with your David and Gollithe sling, and Tanner go beat the HECK out of Abilene.  Love you all!  Hasta la proxima semana!

Love,

Elder Christian Hutchinson

No comments:

Post a Comment