Friday, July 15, 2011

Week 4

ASI ES LA VIDA!
 
Querido todo que yo amo,
 
Mi computadora no esta muy buena ahora.  En facto, espero que no se rompa en el medio de esta carta!  Why did I just write that in Spanish?  Because I CAN!!  Still loving it here in the MTC, and I've learned more here in the 3 weeks that I've been here more than I learned in the 3 years of Spanish that I took!  However, it still takes me awhile to translate in my head and I'm on a limited time scale, so I'm definitely NOT writing anymore on this letter.  Especially with this ghetto computor that might break down... I don't want to take anymore chances!
 
Anyway, I'd like to begin this letter by thanking EVERYONE that wrote me a letter this week!  Not only did I recieve a letter from EVERYONE in my immediate family, but I also recieved many others.  That includes the thoughtful one the Lisa Van Gemert wrote me, which also was my first source of the recent good news:  ZANDER AND REBECCA ARE ENGAGED!!  Woohoo!!  I'm so happy for you two, and I know that you're both looking forward to December 16th!  I'm slightly sad though.  Not because you two will be perfectly married and happy in the temple, but because now certain jokes won't make you two feel uncomfortable anymore.  For example, when you two asked for Dad to pay for a trip for you two to go to New York, and Dad replied, "Oh, I'll buy you a trip, but I'm only gonna pay for ONE room!"  Hint, hint.  Nudge, nudge.  Get married, much?  Haha!
 
Anyway, enough about them.  Now, about ME!  I got a haircut today!  I was REALLY nervous because I know that all of the haircutters here are volunteers, and that can get pretty risky.  I WAS gonna write a request that Heather come in for a day to do my hair because I didn't really trust anyone else, but I my hair had really gotten too long.  Even the branch president commented on it (luckily I already had an appointment set up by then, so I wasn't in trouble.)  BUT I got lucky, because the guy who cut my hair is a third generation barber in his family, so he's got some experience.  Missionaries have to get quite a few haircuts to keep their hair short enough for the standards and it can be pretty nerverecking that the person cutting your hair MIGHT not know what their doing.  I just gotta hope it's good every time!  Asi es la vida del misionero!  (I lied about no more spanish).
 
Well, my solo in church definetly went well too.  I sang one of my favorites: "I Stand All Amazed".  It's a song that describes how amazing the act of Jesus's atonement for us really was.  And I sang it better than anything I had sung in my life! It wasn't just a simple, basic arrangement, but I tried to keep it as reverent an inviting of the spirit as possible so that I didn't focus the song on myself, but on Christ.  Fortunately, it worked, because the branch president told me that I did so.  I'm not sure that that's incredibly exciting to everyone else, but as a missionary in the MTC, it was definitely one of the most adreniline pumping things that happened to me this week outside of teaching lessons and Gym time.  Asi es la vida del misionero!
 
Also, I'd just like to take this time of the email to tell of a very spiritual experience that I had here.  On tuesday, we had a devotional given by a member of the seventy, or one of 70 general authorities that take part in leading the church along with the 12 apostles and the prophet.  Anyway, this was a devotional JUST about Christ and his life.  When they described the suffring he did on the cross for us, I just could not fathom the amount of pain he went through for ALL of our sins and suffrings in the garden of Gethsemane which made him bleed from every pore.  Our message is focused souly on JESUS CHRIST.  And we hope to tell that message to the world.  Asi es la vida del misionero.
 
Anyway, I'm running out of time, but I'll try to answer everyone!  Remember, I can ONLY write on P-day (once a week), but you can send me letters anytime! (i know, I'm selfish, right) 
 
Love you all!
 
Elder Hutchinson

No comments:

Post a Comment