Monday, October 17, 2011

October 17, 2011

"ES QUE ESTOY BAÑANDO MI BEBÉ"

Dear Everyone I love,

First, I want to say that Dad, you´re experience visiting Chile sounds so cool!  I do love being here right now, and while I am, I want to build relationships with the people just like you did! I´m glad to hear that the Wan and the Vikings are dominating.  Once again the Universe is in order.  Oh, and how ´bout them RANGERS!

Second, I would like to acknowlege my Older brother´s quote of the week.  "What´s with Hish´s junkie emails?  THEY´RE TOO SHORT!"  Ouch.  Haha!  Not gonna lie; Zander´s quotes always make me laugh.  Yeah, I know, the last one was really too short, but like I told you, whenever you get a short email from now on, it´s not because I´m too lazy to right a good one.  It´s because sometimes we have to travel A LOT  on P-Days.  (Actually everyday in general).  We live in Tenancingo which is about 1 hour to Metepec where we have Zone conferences, district meetings, soccer games, etc.  But this LAST P-Day, we went to an awesome city called Malinalco to see some ancient Mayan pyramids.  It´s not quite as far as Metepec, but it took us an hour to get there by bus too, because, well, we´re in Mexico in the middle of the wilderness.  Unfortunately, we weren´t able to see the pyramids (they´re closed only on Mondays), so we weren´t too lucky.  Unfortunatley, we also took about 3 hours in that town trying to find something to do, but nothing really happened.  Sometimes P-Days are like that, so sorry, everyone!  So, I guess, just like any man would do, I´m putting the blame on something else.  I guess I´ll have to just follow the advice that a wise man once told me in my life: "GET YO´ FEET MOVIN´!"

Anyway, this week was pretty crazy, but I loved it.  We did 2 exchanges this week were I was with 2 different missionaries for 2 different days.  Oh, yeah, and did I mention that they were from Mexico and Argentina?  In case you didn´t know, those two countries DON´T speak English.  And neither did these two missionaries!  Woohoo!  So, mom, you wanted to know how my Spanish is doing?  Well,  let´s just say this.  I taught the lessons as much and as fluently as these two lessons when we were with investigators.  However, when one of them asked me if I wanted to be a soldier, I had NO IDEA what he was saying.  We don´t use "soldier" too much when we´re teaching baptism as it turns out.  Haha!  However, I´m improving.  For example, when the Argentina missionary, Elder Robledo, was interviewing Manues (one that went to church last week) for baptism, I was teaching the REST OF THE FAMILY an ENTIRE lesson BY MYSELF.  Looking back, I could NEVER have done that when I first arrived here.  Well, I could´ve but it would´ve taken me 3 hours.  But this time it only took me 30 minutes!  The gift of tongues is real, baby!

Our investigators are doing great.  Sofia and Manuel got interviewed for baptism, and it looks like they´ll be able to do so soon!  And Meli and Amparo, well, it´s kind of a long story with them.  This is the family we found by knocking the tiny door next door that happened to be a closet.  Do yáll remember them?  Anyway, they´ve been having A LOT of trials lately financially and spiritually.  We keep on telling them that we don´t have a sure promise of blessing until after the trial of their faith, and that although something new keeps on coming up to prevent them each Sunday, that they NEED to go to church so that they can RECIEVE the blessings from that and baptism.  But this Saturday and Sunday, they needed to move out of they´re house.  So, what do you think ElderMonroe and I did?  That´s right, we spent ALL of Saturday, packing, moving, and carrying heavy objects for these two women and Amparo´s daughter, Fernanda.  It was such a good experiece doing service for these 3 people that we love so much, and I never thought I would spend so much time talking to a little 6 year old that reminded me so much of Mantha.  Ultimately, we got everything packed and out of the house by 8, but the man that was GOING to drive the moving truck for these women (who don´t know how to drive, btw) decided to go to a bull fight instead.  Just saying, I know that Jesus taught love, forgiveness, and patience, so I´ve had to practice some of that for THAT man when that happened.  They couldn´t go to church with us (because it was in Metepec), but they now know how much we care about them.  We both have a love for each other, and I think that they´re already feeling the spiritual blessings from this gospel.

To close, a funny thing we hear in Mexico about everyday.  See the title?  It´s called "Es que estoy bañando mi bebé" .  It means "Oh, sorry, I´m bathing my baby."  Ok, so what do you think that is?  That, my friends happens to be the sorriest (and most frecuently used)  excuse that we missionaries get here in Mexico when we tell a family that we want to share a message with them.  Usually it´s in about 12, 1, or 2 in the afternoon when NO ONE WOULD EVER ACTUALLY BE DOING THAT.  However, we hear it so much that you would think that EVERYONE in the country had a baby to bath.  Hmmm, why don´t my companion and I have one?  We should get one at the market! haha!  Just some advice for everyone.  Whether you´re a member or not, please don´t lie to us missionaries.  We know when you are not telling the truth.  And if you actually do have a baby that you have to bath, please do so in the morning or at night.  Not mid-day.  Thank you!

Well, hope that this email pleases!  I love you all!  Thanks for all the emails!  I remember you in my prayers everynight!

Until next week!

Love

Elder Hutchinson.

No comments:

Post a Comment