Tuesday, October 4, 2011

October 4, 2011

VIENEN LOS MILAGROS... CADA DÍA.

Dear everyone that I love,

As usual, thank you very much for all of your letters, even when it´s hard for me to respond personally.  I really REALLY love it.  Like I said, I´ve found that looking up these emails kind of like the new facebook for me, except for I can only use it ONCE a week.  So, I am very grateful for them.

Anyway, I´ve noticed that I´ve really said very little about some of my investigators so, I´d like to tell you about a few of my favorites that we are teaching here in Tenancingo.

First, Jesús Salvador.  Yes, this man´s name directly translated is "Jesus Savior".  We found him last week on tuesday, and it was really quite amazing.  We knocked on his door, and after he opened it, I only had time to say "Hello, how are you doing sir?  We´re missionaries--"  When IMMEDIATELY he said "Pasense!"  (Come in).  This man was certainly ready to hear the gospel.  He is very humble and very much a family man. His wife just recently cancer, and in that moment when we knocked his door was when he was really distressed the most about the whole situation.  We were happy to tell him that we brought the perfect message about God´s perfect plan for us and for our families to be forever.  We meet with him again today.

Second, Emiliana is a woman in her late 20´s who we contacted by knocking doors also.  The first thing that we taught her was the baptism of Christ, and when we asked if she wanted to follow the example of Christ and be baptized as he showed us, she immediately said "yes" and asked if we could help her prepare for that.  "WELL, I GUESS we could do that..." haha.  I really liked meeting her for 2 reasons.  1.  She was VERY nice, very excited about the gospel, and very friendly.  2.  My companion and I were ONLY in her neighborhood because we were trying to avoid an ENORMOUS cross-dressing parade that went through the city.  Talk about only being in HOLY (non-perverted) places to feel the spirit!

Third, are two women named Meli and Amparo.  Now, this TRULLY was amazing how we met them.  Elder Monroe and I had just had a long day of contacting, and many of our appointments fell through that day.  It really wasn´t too fun.  We we´re walking up a hill to an appointment (which was also was likely to fall through, because the people were almost never there.)  Anyway, my companion and I were looking for just about anything to cheer us up (something shiny, a butterfly,etc.).  We just needed SOMETHING to entertain our spirits just a little bit.  At that moment, I saw this TINY door, not even as wide as I am, that looked like it belonged to a house. So, I showed my companion, and we we´re both like "Wo!  Cool!!  Let´s knock it!"  So, we took pictures with this super tiny door, and after playing around with it for a little bit, we had sufficiently entertained our simple minds enough to knock it.  Then, from next door came these two women laughing at us.  "That´s not a house, Señores"  "It´s not?"  i said.... "Oh.... WELL, allow us to introduce ourselves!  We´re missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ, and we´re sharing a message of Christ´s teachings and how we can return to live with him."  "Sí pasense!"  Wow.  Ok...  We taught them of the baptism of Christ, and it turns out that they had JUST gotten off the phone with a relative that was soon about to die.  They were JUST asking and wondering what they needed to do to "be saved" or what happens after this life, when all of the sudden they heard these 2 "Jovenes" knocking on a little door next door.  We have now taught them about the Restauration, and the plan of Salvation, and they want to be baptized.

It´s amazing how God works.  David A. Bednar one time gave a speech that answered a very widely asked question "How do I know if it´s just me thinking these things or if it´s just the  spirit?"  His answer.  "Quit worrying about it!  As long as you are following the commandments and rules, the Lord WILL guide you by the spirit, even when it may not seem like it."  I know that we were guided to find these people by the Lord.

Alright, I´ve gotta go, but this work is moving forward, and I can see the Lord´s hand in everything we do.  I know that this is his work.

I love you all!  Until next week!

Elder Hutchinson

No comments:

Post a Comment