Monday, October 24, 2011

October 24, 2011

Dear everyone I love,

COSAS APRENDIDAS

Alright, this week has been SO CRAZY!  I spent Monday and Tuesday in my area, and then wednesday and thursday in Metepec, and Friday and Saturday in a city called Atlatlhauca.  Two of the missionaries in our area broke their feet on monday and tuesday respectively, and so we had to do a series of CRAZY exchanges with the Zone Leaders and within our district.  Why did they fracture their feet?  Well, the first one was a little bit of my fault... ONLY A LITTLE BIT of my fault I clarify.  I was being crazy, myself, and jumped down about 7 stairs.  Well, that would have been alright if my friend Elder Pereida wasn´t holding on to my backpack strap (why´d he do that?  I have no clue).  Anyway, I´M fine, so don´t worry, and Elder Pereida is in a walking cast now, so don´t show too much compassion on him.  haha!  And the next Elder?  Well, let´s just say that this other one was running really fast... faster than his overweight body could handle.  He tripped, he fell, and he fractured his foot.  Poor guy.  But he´s in a walking cast too now.

ANYWAY, with all of this crazy stuff going on, I learned a couple of things, and I´d like to list them for you below so that if you happen to go on a mission in Mexico, by chance, it may help you some day.

1.  You are more likely to be chased if you are on a bike.

I love dogs.  I really do.  You can just ask anyone in my family, and they might tell you of the time that I ran in front of a car to save my dog with I was in Elementary (if they remember that that is).  But this mission hasn´t really increased my love for dogs.  They bark A LOT at us, and a lot of them are just on the street chilling without an owner.  Well, I haven´t had that many problems with dogs CHASING me... untill I when to Metepec, an area where they ride bikes.  Well, I never got caught, but there were two times their where the "flight" part of my "fight or flight" instincts were activated, as I sprinted away from some angry shephards.  But, I still love dogs!  Just not those two.

2.  "Gaurdaos de los tacos de la calle...  por los efectos después conoceréis"

This is a little bit from the scriptures that I have personally changed to fit a lesson that I learned.  In the scriptures it´s "Beware of false prophets dressed in sheep clothing... but by your fruits, ye shall know them."  Well, the frase I have is "Beware of the street tacos... by the after effects ye shall know them."  Yeah, the sunday before this past, some members gave us a BUNCH of tacos to eat.  They were DELICIOUS!! Some of the best that I have ever had, no doubt.  However, I did not know that they were unclean ones from the street... uh-oh.  Yeah, about half of this past week, I felt the... um... after-effects of these tacos.  My digestive system was not too happy with me.  I guess it was a symbolic lesson for me to search only the GOOD FRUITS (or tacos)  and if I find BAD FRUITS (or tacos) to stay away.  That´s spiritually speaking AND physically speaking.

3.  The mission is HARD.

Please don´t get me wrong; I never thought that the mission was going to be easy, neither have I thought that it was easy during my time here.  In fact, if I did think it was easy, I would deserve to be hung from my toes, because that would mean that I wasn´t doing enough work.  Rather, I have discovered that the mission is hard.  REALLY HARD.  I´ve been under stressful situations in my life, and I´ve had to do a lot of homework in my time in school.  (Just ask any of my friends or family).  But this is completely different.  Yesterday, I laid in my bed at night, thinking of all the thinks that had not been so great this week.  I then thought about all of the investigators I love with all of my heart, and not a single one of them came to church that week.  It really brought me to tears to think about how many times Elder Monroe and I have bourn testimony to them that what we are teaching them WILL change their life for the better and for always.  They have felt the spirit of God testify true to these thinks, and some still don´t understand.  I then thought about the struggles I´m still having with the language, my physically exhausted state, and the family and friends that I still miss back in Texas and BYU and all other places.  I love this mission.  I have never felt the spirit so strong and loving in my entire life.  But, I will not lie to you when I tell you that this is the HARDEST thing I have ever done in my life.

With the last paragraph, I want to let you know that I LOVE LOVE LOVE being out here, and I´ve been having such a great time with all of the investigators (and the other missionaries that I played futból with in Metepec).  The Lord puts us through trials and tests us so that we can become stronger and learn virtues of his son, Jesus Christ.  So, I want to let you know that I am very thankful that this mission is hard.  And I´m thankful for all of the love that I´ve felt from the people, from the missionaries, and all of you.  Pray for me, just as I pray for you!

I love you all!  Untill next week!

Love

Elder Christian Hutchinson


No comments:

Post a Comment